Tagged: Rent in the UK
November 13, 2022 at 6:13 am #408
Congratulations if the Home Office has granted you a visa! But wait till you find the ideal residence before you leave on your trip.
There are several options:
1. Use a keyword search or go to Rightmove or Zoopla to find a place to live. Make bulk reservations for the days after your arrival, or find a friend to view the property. Here, the rental agency has made a reservation to view the property a must to go through the process. You are encouraged to do it if you have friends in this country for temporary housing.
2. Contact your potential rent shares from Spaceshare, discuss with them about your schedule, and make sure your place is available after you arrive.
3. Find your ideal place to live from Facebook groups. Some landlords publish property rent information there. It is comparatively cheaper to rent from a landlord than a rent agency. But you should be careful with this. Check if the landlord has the right to rent as well.
November 13, 2022 at 6:22 am #410
- This topic was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by tao.alice.sheng.
If you never studied or worked in the UK, you have no credit record from this country. You will have to pay half-year or one-year upfront in order to get the property you like.
You have an option to get a Guarantor.
If you can’t get a family or friend as a guarantor or you don’t have anyone in the UK to support you,you may check some Guarantor Service places from the internet.November 22, 2022 at 9:08 pm #780Jonas RamirezParticipant
From where can I find this?
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.November 24, 2022 at 2:40 pm #783
I think it is easier to find online that visiting all the Chinese markets here:)January 12, 2023 at 8:49 pm #812
Websites where you can rent a house in the UK,
1. Rightmove (https://www.rightmove.co.uk/)
2. Zoopla (https://www.zoopla.co.uk/)
3. OnTheMarket (https://www.onthemarket.com/)
4. Gumtree (https://www.gumtree.com/)
5. SpareRoom (https://www.spareroom.co.uk/)
6. Entity (https://www.rentify.com/)
7. OpenRent (https://www.openrent.co.uk/)
8. Nestpick (https://www.nestpick.com/)
9. Rent.com (https://www.rent.com/)
10. Airbnb (https://www.airbnb.co.uk/)
If you have never studied or worked in the UK, you will need to pay the renting agency a half-year or perhaps a full year in advance. They require this because we don’t have a credit record in the system. Additionally, you will need to examine numerous properties before the landlord decides to rent to you out of the many tenants on the list; some of them are couples who are both employed, so the landlord will prefer to choose them. Please check links 1 and 2, which are the most popular websites if you want to rent a property with filters of property type, city, budget, etc.
You may check from Facebook Marketplace or OpenRent to rent directly from the landlord. Link 7 is also recommended if you have enough time to wait for the landlord to reply and arrange the viewing of the property. Remember to check if the landlord has the right to rent the house. To check if a landlord is legally able to rent their property, you can do the following:
1) Check the local council’s website: Many local boards have a public register of landlords that you can search to see if a landlord is registered. The record should include the landlord’s name and the properties they are currently renting.
2) Ask the landlord for their registration number: Landlords must display their registration number on their rental advertisements. You can ask the landlord for their registration number and verify it on the local council’s website.
As an alternative to being financially prepared for up-front costs, you may find websites where you may purchase guarantor services. Using them as your guarantor, you avoid paying up-front expenses and pay monthly.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.