Home › Forums › SURVIVE › How to Find the Right Place to Live? › Reply To: How to Find the Right Place to Live?
Websites where you can rent a house in the UK,
1. Rightmove (https://www.rightmove.co.uk/)
2. Zoopla (https://www.zoopla.co.uk/)
3. OnTheMarket (https://www.onthemarket.com/)
4. Gumtree (https://www.gumtree.com/)
5. SpareRoom (https://www.spareroom.co.uk/)
6. Entity (https://www.rentify.com/)
7. OpenRent (https://www.openrent.co.uk/)
8. Nestpick (https://www.nestpick.com/)
9. Rent.com (https://www.rent.com/)
10. Airbnb (https://www.airbnb.co.uk/)
If you have never studied or worked in the UK, you will need to pay the renting agency a half-year or perhaps a full year in advance. They require this because we don’t have a credit record in the system. Additionally, you will need to examine numerous properties before the landlord decides to rent to you out of the many tenants on the list; some of them are couples who are both employed, so the landlord will prefer to choose them. Please check links 1 and 2, which are the most popular websites if you want to rent a property with filters of property type, city, budget, etc.
You may check from Facebook Marketplace or OpenRent to rent directly from the landlord. Link 7 is also recommended if you have enough time to wait for the landlord to reply and arrange the viewing of the property. Remember to check if the landlord has the right to rent the house. To check if a landlord is legally able to rent their property, you can do the following:
1) Check the local council’s website: Many local boards have a public register of landlords that you can search to see if a landlord is registered. The record should include the landlord’s name and the properties they are currently renting.
2) Ask the landlord for their registration number: Landlords must display their registration number on their rental advertisements. You can ask the landlord for their registration number and verify it on the local council’s website.
As an alternative to being financially prepared for up-front costs, you may find websites where you may purchase guarantor services. Using them as your guarantor, you avoid paying up-front expenses and pay monthly.