We (Easy Marketing Ltd) (doing business as Event Melt) (“Event Melt,” “EM”, “we,” “us,” or “our”) believe that protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important. Therefore, this Privacy Notice explains how we collect, store, use, disclose and transfer (hereinafter “process”) your personal data when you use our services (“Services”)， such as when you:
- Visit our website at www.eventmelt.comor any website of ours that links to this privacy notice.
- Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events
The personal data we collect about you depends on the context of your interactions with us and the products. Services and features that you use, your location, and applicable law.
www.eventmelt.com(the “Site”) is owned and operated by Alice Sheng, a passionate markerter who loves solving problems in the society.
Information about Alice Sheng: please visit Linkedin page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/taoalicesheng/
Event Melt is the data controller and can be contacted at:
Contact: +44 07360058886
2.1 How We Process Personal Data?
We collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us: This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by email or otherwise. It includes any communication you send to us, whether through contact or opt-in forms on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication you send us. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, age, location and financial information in case of a purchase or recruitment. Please let us know if any of this information changes so we can keep our records up to date.
- Information we collect from your use of our Site: About each of your visits to our Site, we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet.
- The location where you connected to our Service
- Your internet service provider (ISP).
- What type of device are you using to access our Service?
- Other online services information such as your login activity data, details about your browser and length of visit to pages on our website, page views and website navigation paths, details about the number of times you have used our website, your time zone settings and other information about the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is our analytics tracking system.
- Information we collect throughout our relationship with you: This is information relating to products (free or paid) that you download or purchase from us.
- Marketing Information: This includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from our third parties and us and your communication preferences.
- Note: We may use information you give us, the information we collect from your use of our Site, the information we collect throughout our relationship with you, and marketing information to:
- Deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements);
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you
Our lawful ground for processing this information is our legitimate interests which are to provide our Service to you.
This Service includes but is not limited to: electronics products we sell on this website, the articles, podcasts and videos you find on this website, downloadable media (such as PDFs), and any other materials delivered over email, all of which we gladly offer free of charge and invest significant funds in developing.
Additionally, we have a legitimate interest in using the data you provide us to inform you of products and services that are relevant, interesting and personal to you. This is done through occasional email marketing messages and generates revenue with which we fund our Service (outlined above). Each time we send you marketing materials (or any other email communication), we give you the option to unsubscribe.
2.2 Categories of Personal Data Processed.
When visiting our websites or using our applications, or online services (each an “Online Offering”), we process information which you have actively and voluntarily provided about yourself, or which has been generated by us in connection with your use of the Online Offerings, and includes the following categories of personal data:
2.2.1 Data Collected Automatically
In Short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Services.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information). However, it may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data are service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services, which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called “crash dumps”), and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data, such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt-out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt-out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
The information we collect includes
- IP address;
- Clicked links;
- Content viewed;
- Bounce rate;
- Phone type you are using
- Language preference;
- The browser you are using; and
- Keywords you find to reach our website.
2.2.2 Data Collected in a Non-Automatic Way
We may also collect the following data when you perform certain functions on our Site.
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Services, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Services, or otherwise when you contact us.
- First and last name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Your visa type (if you are happy to share, we can then help you to join the right group);
- Your industry;
- Contact Preference;
- Contact or authentication data;
- Information submitted as part of a support request, survey or comment or forum post; and
- Further personal data that you provide by filling in forms in our Community.
This data may be collected using the Forms. You will receive a consent notice before we collect all your information.
2.2.3 Sensitive Information.
Payment Data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number) and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by Event Melt. We don’t have this part for the moment, but we may have this part if our members published an event requires others to pay to attend.
2.2.4 Social Media Login Data.
We may allow you to register with us using your existing social media account details, like your Facebook, Twitter, or other social media account.
In Short: We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you for security and fraud prevention, and comply with the law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent.
- Information you give us or receive from other sources: We process this data for communication with you, record-keeping and administration, and the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for processing this information is our legitimate interests, which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us by you, to keep accurate records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims. We use this information:
- To facilitate account creation and authentication and otherwise manage user accounts. We may process your information so you can create and log in to your account, as well as keep your account in working order;
- To improve our Service to you, to ensure that content from our Site is presented ;
most effectively for you and your device;
- To fulfil and manage your orders. We may process your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
- To request feedback. We may process your information when necessary to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services;
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may process the personal information you send us for our marketing purposes if this is following your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- To provide you with service communications so we can fulfil our obligations to you. These may be sent by email. These will include notifications about changes to our Service, event details and information about products that you have signed up for;To provide you with marketing communications including, with your permission, information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; or
- In our or a third party’s legitimate interests of keeping customers up to date with goods and services, we are increasing awareness of ourselves and third parties within the market, making promotional offers and generating new business, and building and maintaining loyalty or market share.
Information we collect from your use of the Site: We process this data to analyze your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website and to deliver relevant and engaging website content and advertisements to you, as well as to understand the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing strategies. Our lawful ground for processing this information is our legitimate interests, which in this case are to properly administer our website and our business, grow our business, and make decisions about our marketing strategies. We use this information for the following purposes:
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your device;
- To identify usage trends. We may process information about how you use our Services to understand better how they are being used so we can improve them.
As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Information we collect throughout our relationship. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased from us or our affiliates and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for processing this data is the fulfilment of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps to enter into such a contract at your request.
Marketing Information: We process this data to enable you to participate in our promotions, competitions, prize draws and free giveaways, as well as to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of these advertising and marketing strategies. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services and website, to develop them, grow our business and make decisions about our marketing strategies.
We may use your personal data and other information as described above for the following purposes:
- to understand your interests and preferences concerning the Event Melt Digital Channels;
- to register an account, grant you access to and authenticate you on Event Melt’s Digital Channels;
- to monitor access to Digital Channels or downloads;
- to subscribe and in the course of the subscription, follow comments, posts, articles, authors, webinars, news and updates about Event Melt products and services;
- in the course of the creation of and publishing media and press releases, to create brochures, news, media assets (such as images, videos), newsletters etc.;
- in order to create articles that will be published on Event Melt’s internal and external Digital Channels;
- to provide you with the possibility to create your profile on Event Melt Digital Channels for example to create posts, make comments, follow posts and discussions and sign-up for newsletters etc.;
- to allow you to make posts, and comments, upload content, participate in quizzes and publish opinions on Event Melt Digital Channels;
- in the course of sharing job adds on Event Melt’s Digital Channels;
- to provide customer support and process, evaluate and respond to requests and inquiries;
- to collect your image and your personal data in the course of an event to show impressions of an event;
- to register and organize webinars.
In Short: We only process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e., legal basis) to do so under applicable law, like with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services to enter into or fulfil our contractual obligations, to protect your rights, or to fulfil our legitimate business interests.
This section applies to you if you are in the EU or UK.
For users in the European Union, we adhere to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). For users in the United Kingdom, we adhere to the GDPR as enshrined in the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR.
Event Melt has not appointed a Data Protection Officer as we do not fall within the categories of controllers and processors required to appoint a Data Protection Officer under Article 37 of the GDPR. We collect and process personal data about users in the EU only when we have a legal basis for doing so under Article 6 of the GDPR.
Event Melt relies on the following legal basis to collect and process the personal data of users in the EU:
Processing of user personal data is necessary for us to take, at the request of a user, steps before entering a contract or for the performance of a contract to which a user is a party. If a user does not provide the personal data necessary to perform a contract, the consequences are as follows: You may not be able to conclude a payment.
If you are located in the US, this section applies to you.
Event Melt is committed to compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
The CCPA provides Consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. However, please note that the CCPA only provides California Resident employees and applicants with the right of notice regarding personal information collected and the business purpose. At the same time, business-to-business persons are only entitled to the Right to Opt-out.
This section describes those CCPA rights and explains how to exercise them.
- Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
As a Consumer under the CCPA, you have the right to request from Event Melt the following data collected by Event Melt in the preceding 12 months:
categories of personal information that we have collected about you;
- for each category of personal information, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- for each category of personal information, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
- for each category of personal information, the categories of third parties with whom Event Melt shares such personal information; and
- the specific pieces of personal information Event Melt have collected about you.
As a Consumer under the CCPA, you have the right to the above-listed information related to your Personal Information that Event Melt has collected, disclosed and/or sold in the preceding 12 months.
Event Melt will not collect and sell to third parties the personal information of a consumer with whom the business does not have a direct relationship.
In Short: We may share information in specific situations described in this section and/or with the following third parties.
We may need to share your personal information in the following situations:
- Other Disclosures
We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
- If the law requires it;
- If it is required for any legal proceeding;
- To prove or protect our legal rights; and
If you follow hyperlinks from our Site to another Site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice unless a more extended retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us to keep your personal information for longer than the period users have an account with us.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information or, if this is impossible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives). We will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. Therefore, you should only access the Services within a secure environment.
We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 16 years of age, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible. If a child under 16 has provided us with personal data, their parent or guardian may contact our privacy officer. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under 18. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In some regions (like ), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure, (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information, and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to processing your personal information. We will consider and act upon any request following applicable data protection laws.
Suppose you are located in the EEA or UK, and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information. In that case, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority.
9.1 How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to whom we disclosed your personal data, if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, or if you would like to exercise any of your other rights under the GDPR, please contact our privacy officer here:
Contact Person:Alice Sheng
Contact: +44 07360058886
Address: Covent Garden, 71-75 Shelton Street, London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ.
5.2 How to Opt-Out of Data Collection, Use or Disclosure
In addition to the method(s) described in the How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected section, we provide the following specific opt-out methods for the forms of collection, use, or disclosure of your personal data specified below:
- You can unsubscribe from our marketing and promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, replying “STOP” or “UNSUBSCRIBE” to the SMS messages or emails that we send;
- Opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing emails. You can opt-out by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any marketing email or updating your email preferences under “Your Account.”
- Account Information. If you would like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can log in to your account settings and update your user account.
- Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our legal terms and/or comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and reject cookies. If you remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at email@example.com.
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact us through the contact methods listed in the Contact Information section so that we can, where possible, resolve the issue. In addition, you may contact a supervisory authority if you feel we have not addressed your concern adequately. You also have the right to make a complaint to a supervisory authority directly.
Contact Person: Alice Sheng
Contact: +44 07360058886
Address: Covent Garden, 71-75 Shelton Street, London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ
Filed and Effective Date: 11 November 2022